Sunday, July 24, 2005

9/11 and John Cage

On the morning of 11 September 2001 I was in Kinko’s just north of the World Trade Center. I was Xeroxing all the material John Cage had contributed to my magazine, Unmuzzled OX. I thought it might make a good book. But there was a lot of material and it was complex. And then there was a loud noise and Kinko’s rocked. It was probably a gas explosion, I thought. Somebody had been careless. I continued Xeroxing. Cage was tricky. As I worked, I happened to glance out the window, and saw flames and smoke a few blocks south. Yes, I decided, someone had been very careless. But then there was another tremendous explosion. Not only did the building move, but rubble bounced off the shaking window. I stopped Xeroxing. You know the rest except for one thing. I’ve started a John Cage blog.
http://johncageshoes.blogspot.com/
(The blog also concerns Ray Johnson.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home