Monday, May 14, 2007

Light Reading plus Sex

Edward Field’s THE MAN WHO WOULD MARRY SUSAN SONTAG and Other Intimate Portraits of the Bohemian Era recalls the gay lit scene of 20 years ago. I kept waiting for Charles Henri Ford or Kirby Congdon but they never appear; there is Auden and Sontag and the Beats and Ira Cohen and Paul Bowles plus persons peripheral or forgotten.

Diablo Cody’s CANDY GIRL A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper amused and informed me. Her half-hearted uninteresting blog links to YouTube and her appearance on David Letterman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirby Olson said...

It would be fun if a Beat if any still survive just wrote a memoir in terms of the diseases that were spread by whom, and where.

I'd probably read that one.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Michael Andre said...

Virus: Huncke spread junkieism. I just learned that a poet of that generation whom I know and greatly admire has been addicted to heroin forever. I never suspected.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home