Monday, June 18, 2007

Who cares?

Approximately every hour Google or Blogger cancels my password. It has become extremely difficult to post. The trouble started when I reactivated my Verizon Internet service in Manhattan. Right now I'm on Staten Island using someone's WiFi. Someone must be paying someone for this. Some months ago I bought the computer, plugged it in here on Staten Island, and I was on-line. Meanwhile weird Verizon viruses haunt my Manhattan machine.

Sorry for this pseudo-technie digression. It's why I've stopped posting.

This morning I spotted a girl on the Staten Island Ferry whose T-shirt read: "No one cares about your blog." She was also on the afternoon boat, and she hadn't changed her clothes. She stood with her slogan.

And, as the little boy who lives next door would note, she was pretty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirby Olson said...

Verizen is a mess. I used them for a month and they sent me a bill for 4 thousand dollars. It took me two years of phone calls to disabuse them of this notion. Finally, they decided to get rid of the debt. But I still get calls from strange groups around the world calling to collect on this bill. When I ask them their name, or exactly where they are, they hang up.

It's important to find small companies to work with, especially local companies. The bigger companies are just amorphous masses of con artistry and poor record keeping.

Is there a phone service located on Staten Island that also does internet? That's what I would try, if I were you.

Also, the girl's right!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home